Oh, look, here we are again! Day 2, day 2, what to do with you?
“20 Facts About You”
Well, I did a post about this a while back. Would it be cheating to refer you there? Yes?
How about a theme? Creative endeavours for $400, Alex.
1. I don’t usually write poetry, but I once wrote a poem about meatloaf while I was drugged up in the hospital. The food, not the singer.
2. My creative spirit/muse/inspiration/whatever seems like an uncomfortably real entity at times. I know he’s not, but really, he’s the only person I have available to bounce ideas off of. I know that I’m talking to myself, but it works.
3. I customize dolls and My Little Pony, but I can’t do it while I’m writing. Like, I can’t do both in the same day, or even week. My brain can only handle one form of creativity at a time. This is sometimes a problem, as it takes forever for me to switch tracks.
4. I’m always surprised when I read over something I wrote and find that it’s actually good. To me, that’s the best feeling in the world. I don’t feel proud of myself often, but I do at those times. REALLY proud.
5. My dad introduced me to Fantasy novels by way of Xanth. I had fantasy movies and fairy tales in my life before that, but those were the first novels I read with magic and adventure on that scale.
6. I blame the aforementioned books for my fondness for terrible puns. I can’t help it, they make me laugh. I try to avoid them in my own writing, but sometimes I still catch them in edits. Sneaky little buggers.
7. I really started coming up with my current world when I was in bed with headaches. I needed something to do with my mind, and reading hurt too much. I knew before then that I was a writer, but this is how I learned to find my own stories.
8. I’ve developed scenes for my stories while I was lucid dreaming. I can’t do it anymore (not napping much, out of practice), but I’ve had a few plot breakthroughs that way. I found it both creepy and amazing. 🙂
9. My husband won’t read anything I write. This used to piss me off, and then I stopped caring. It’s not personal, he just doesn’t like reading novels.
10. Yes, I married someone who doesn’t like reading novels. I love him anyway.
11. English was my best class in high school, followed by theatre, art, and history. I think all of those things help me as a writer.
12. I crave external validation, but I don’t trust it. Sometimes I wonder if I’m a terrible writer, but because of Some Reason (perhaps some mental difficulty, maybe a terrible accident, I don’t know), people act like I’m good at it because they want me to feel good about myself. So they pat me on the head, leave nice comments on my blog, hope I never find out the horrible truth.
13. I may be slightly paranoid.
14. I enjoy photography and would like to learn more about it, but I can’t afford a good camera, and I don’t have the time or the memory space (in my brain) needed to learn what I’d need to for me to do it well. I have a friend who’s a fantastic professional photographer, and I’m very envious of her skill. Seriously, I want to marry my husband again so we can get pictures like these.
15. Even if I did have the money for a great camera, I’d prefer to use it on laser vision correction. My eyes suck, yo.
16. Back to writing: I’m terrible at naming things. People, places, stories. It’s just bad.
17. I love writing short stories, but almost never seem to find time to do it.
18. I totally use writing as an escape from reality. I’m delighted when other people can use my stories for the same purpose.
19. I need to be caffeinated before I can write, but I have to be de-caffeinated before I can paint, because I get shaky hands.
20. If I could change one thing about myself and my creativity, it would be to increase my ability to focus. I love having so many stories and characters buzzing around in my head, and I wouldn’t change the way I see the world, but I do wish I could just sit and work without my mind wandering so much.
Whew! There, twenty more things about myself, and with an impressively low number of off-topic points. Feel free to comment, but I know you’re just doing it to be nice. Stop lying to me! *sob* 😉