“Your pet hates”
I could list a bunch of things my cat hates (being ignored, having less than half a bowl of food available, not being allowed under the covers when I’m in bed, closed doors), but I think what this is trying to get at is pet peeves. The little things that don’t matter so much in the grand scheme of things, but that really cheese me off. We’ll go with that, anyway.
How much time do we have for this?
- Running out of things that I expect to always have in the house (tea bags, butter, printer paper, swiffer cloths, laundry detergent)
- People who drive 10 km/h under the speed limit on a no-passing-zone road and won’t pull over to let the line of 10 cars behind them pass. I understand being cautious, but you’re going to get someone killed. Just let everyone else go.
- The fact that all chewing gum seems to have aspartame in it, which means I can’t have it (still cool with bubblegum, though)
- People who judge others based on their taste in music.
- People being rude to waiters, salespeople, etc. just because they can get away with it.
- the kids not being able to put their clothes in the laundry hamper. I mean, they’re physically able, but there’s a mental block there that all the nitro boxes in Crash Bandicoot couldn’t blast through (would you believe there’s not a single YouTube video for that?!)
- not being able to find videos on YouTube to demonstrate my points
But honestly, I try not to let the little stuff get to me. I have days when it all seems like big stuff, but when I can, I let things go. Most of these things aren’t worth giving myself a heart attack over. If I can change them, I do. If not… might be time to take a deep breath and remind myself that there are more important things.
QUICK ROW80 UPDATE:
Things weren’t going so well for most of the week, but I got to a Really Super Good Part in my editing yesterday, the part that frustrates me when I’m working because I can’t type fast enough. So yep, 4500 words revised and re-typed yesterday. Getting toward the end of that pesky lone copy situation.