I know, I don’t usually do Sunday updates. I don’t usually do anything internet-related on Sundays. It’s supposed to be a day off. But today I broke my silence to send a happy birthday to my mom, and then I had e-mails to send for a Goodreads R4R on Bound…
…and I had to finish sending beta readers copies of Torn.
So now I’m like:
Because that’s basically me any time anyone reads anything I’ve written. And this is big. These are the people who, if they all think the book’s not ready, will convince me to delay release. They’ll let me know how much work I still need to do. They… are brave and wonderful souls.
Scary stuff. I’ve been working my ass off, and I don’t think there will be any delays. But hey. Life is funny.
So yeah, that’s the update. I finished BIG, MASSIVE, GINORMOUS EDITS, and then went through the whole thing, reading aloud to myself (which makes me feel like an idiot), trying to see whether my fixes actually fixed everything, making little changes, catching inconsistencies that my edits introduced.
This is all way more complicated than I ever realized before I wrote a novel.
So we’ll see how it goes. I’m hoping to have this thing off for proofreading next week.
And by next weekend I’ll know whether I can go ahead and set up pre-orders for cover reveal day.
And that means finally setting a firm release date.
Where’s that bag, again?
THIS WEEK’S PLANS:
-get stuff together for those who want to help with the cover reveal
-write cover copy (“blurb”), which is one of my least-favourite parts of this process.
-go through PDF for paperback of Bound and fix errors. I really should have written them down when I fixed them in the e-book. This is going to take a while. NOTE: If you currently own the paperback, it will soon be an official, easily-identifiable first edition. You’re welcome. 😉
-fix things as beta readers send notes on typos, issues, etc.
-send to wonderful proofreader ASAP
-look up blog posts, etc. on formatting PDFs for print. I may need outside help–this one is longer than Bound, and even that paperback had enough pages that it caused issues. Wish me luck.
This update brought to you by ROW80 (details here).