Well. I’ve been nominated for a few blog awards now, and I’m going to be accepting them over the next few weeks (as will be explained later). But most of these things require a list of random facts about myself. Heeeeere’s what I’m gonna do: I’m going to put this post right here and refer back to it so I don’t have to keep track of what I’ve said and what I haven’t.
So, here’s some random crap about me. Feel free to skim or skip. 😉
- I’m married to a Mountie. Yes, he has the red serge uniform, but I prefer his everyday blue and grey one. No, he doesn’t have a horse. Yes, I wish he did.
- I love chickens. Like, I’m obsessed. I want a few laying hens of my own, but getting them around here is a problem (I could get a few varieties of bantams if I wanted, but no one around here has the orpingtons, australorps, and the other big girls I so love). No companies will ship day-old chicks here because mail takes so long. So I sit and weep.
- My brain explodes when I find things in real life that match up with things in my stories. An actor who holy crap looks exactly like Aren, a breed of horse that’s just an omnivorous diet away from my fictional horse species, a landscape that looks like a place in Tyrea. Freaks me out, and I LOVE IT.
- I’ve lost 10 lbs since last summer. I want to lose more, but I don’t want to lose more boobage. I’m so torn. BOOBS, DON’T LEAVE ME I NEED YOU.
- The first story I finished and was proud of after I started recovering from round 1 with depression was called “The Tale of the Three Princesses” and was about what happened when Cinderella, Snow White, and Rapunzel all realized they were married to Prince Charming (that jerk!). I loved it. I have no idea what happened to it.
- Hey, maybe I’ll re-write that some day…
- I love crazy socks, especially ones I can mix and match. Wrong colours don’t bother me, but I can’t wear two socks of different weights/textures.
- Which reminds me: I have this weird thing where both sides of my body have to be equal. Like, if I hit one toe on a shopping cart, I have to stop and hit the other one to make them feel the same. If I scratch one arm, I have to scratch the other. And if I’m sleeping on one side and have to get up, I can’t fall asleep again on the same side. I have to roll over (yes, even if I’m not consciously thinking about it. Took me YEARS to figure out why I had to keep rolling over)
- Going back to the sock thing, I enjoy making sock animals and monsters. So cute.
- I also customize My Little Ponies and Monster High dolls. Well, I did, I don’t have time now. I can’t seem to grow up.
- My favourite Pinterest board I keep is my Crushable board. I was going to call it “Doable,” but I decided to add my girl crushes, and I kind of don’t swing that way.
- I have three cats. You’ve seen pictures of Harriet and Lucy (though it’s really hard to get a good picture of a black cat!), but maybe not Charlie. He’s a weird dude. I love him, but he’s nuts. Always has been. All three are former shelter cats, adopted as adults. I highly recommend it.
- My favourite book is East of Eden by John Steinbeck. The writing makes me cry because I will never achieve anything like it, and I love the story, the characters, and the way references and themes are woven through the narrative. That said, I’ve never finished any of Steinbeck’s other books. Yet.
- I want to make a living as a writer. I don’t think it’s going to happen, but I can dream.
- I think I’m a nice person. I’m also lazy and selfish, though. Not sure what that makes me, other than normal.
- There are a few celebrities who I dislike far more than I should dislike anyone I’ve never met. They consistently annoy me, and I try to avoid reading or seeing anything having anything to do with them because it all just tends to piss me off more. Hint: if you have ever had a singing career just because you’re pretty (I can’t even explain how much this pisses me off), are famous for being famous, played dumb for TV ratings (please tell me that was an act), continue to be famous for doing nothing of note except for being in public and getting pregnant, and/or give your children whackadoodle names because they’re speshul snowflakes, you might be on that list (I’ve included several people here, but you get the idea). I’ve tried to like you, it’s just not working out. I’m sure this doesn’t bother you at all, but I’m still sorry. When bad things happen to you I do feel sorry for you as a human being, and I might even jump into conversations to defend you on that level. But you still piss me off as a celebrity.
- Sometimes I rant a little.
- I am totally wasting time right now that I should be using for more productive things like writing or laundry.
- I love the smell of tomato plants. They smell like summer.
- I don’t watch movies very often, but I have a few I’ll watch over and over: Empire Records, Clueless, Sugar and Spice, Drop Dead Gorgeous, The Shipping News, Voyage of the Dawn Treader, several others. I don’t always have the attention span for anything new and/or too serious.
- It’s very difficult for me to not do posts here on weird things my 5-year old says. He is the king of random.
- I’m done for now. Anything else you need to know? Ask away. 😉