Do you ever look at your blog stats? I don’t do it very often. I love comments, I really like likes, but it doesn’t matter much to me how many other people are clicking on over here. I’m not selling anything (not yet, anyway). Sometimes it’s fun, though. I’m looking through the search terms people have entered and somehow ended up here in DtP land, and it’s interesting. Most fall into a few clusters:
- “Depression Writing,” “Bad writing because of depression” (hey!), “writing to help treat depression.” Well, yes, I have written about that a few times. Hope I can help.
- “Scrivener vs,” “disadvantages of scrivener,” and “yarny vs” could all have only led to one post. Again, hope I helped.
And then there are my personal favourites:
- “Velveteen rabbit syndrome” (I know why it got them to me, it’s just funny)
- “Happy birthday to the amazing mom” (Aww, thanks!)
- “allan hawco” (yeah, baby!)
- “pooka pie”
- “parental guidance”
- “what are floor bags in southeast asia” (This is my favourite, hands down)
One more, here. The only one for which I have no bloody clue how it brought someone to my blog:
- “template for a multivolume manuscript for a family history in mac”
I… I don’t use a mac. Or talk about templates. Or family history. Or multivolume ANYTHING. I mean, thanks for stopping by, but I really doubt I helped out on that one.
And 12 unknown search terms. Hmm…
OK, so I know some of you have way more entertaining search terms that have led people to your blog’s doorstep. Spill ’em!
PS- while we’re here, a few spam selections, just for more random fun:
“Yes! Finally someone writes about gargoyles sunglasses.” (Um… no problem, cheap Ray-Bans guy?)
“We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
Your web site offered us with valuable information to work on.
You have done a formidable job and our entire community
will be thankful to you.” (HOLY CRAP! They’re stalking me with their SCHEME!)
I wouldn’t look forward to getting mugged for that headphones immediately after I get them and i am seen sporting them. (Who would?)
Hi there, just turned into aware of your blog via Google, and found that it is really informative. I am going to be careful for brussels. (I think we all should be, really)
Thank you a lot for providing individuals with a very remarkable chance to read from this blog. It is usually very great and packed with a lot of fun for me personally and my office friends to search your blog really thrice in a week to learn the fresh secrets you will have. Not to mention, I’m just certainly astounded with your attractive information served by you. Certain 4 points on this page are basically the finest we’ve had. (Thrice in one week? Thanks!)*
*Oh, and this reminds me: I found a sweet stash of Engrish on Saturday at a store I don’t usually go into. IT IS AMAZING.