Round one of “A Round of Words in 80 Days” started on Monday. I meant to do my goals post on Sunday, but we were away. Better late than never, right?
No WIPpet Wednesday post from me today. All I’ve been doing is reading over a manuscript, trying to figure out edits, so there’s no new writing to share. I haven’t been getting much done recently. The kids were home for two weeks, and we’re now on their third day of no school when they should have been back. It’s not the weather; skies are clear here, and the roads are fine. Temperatures aren’t even that bad right now. But our part of the province (as in, the entire island portion) is having something of a power crisis, and all schools are closed to conserve.
So here we are, still at home, still together 24/7. We’re getting a little bored. There are books to read, of course. The kids and I are almost through Coraline by Neil Gaiman, and they’re enjoying it. There are new toys, but even they lose their appeal after a while, and Ike has perfected his “annoy everyone while also playing with new toys” technique. In light of this, today seemed like a good day to break out my new self-adhesive googly eyes and vandaleyes some stuff around the house.
…you get the idea. It kept us busy for a while, anyway.
So here’s hoping that school schedules and power supplies get back to normal soon, and I get a chance to get back to work!
ROW80 Goals, Round 1 – 2014
Round one runs from January 6 to… some time in March, I guess.
- Edit Bound, get it ready to go for editing by February 10 (I know, that sounds like cleaning the house before the cleaners come. Just trying to save myself some money and get as much educational value out of this as I can). Spend 2.5 hours per day on this while it’s the main focus.
- Work on short stories, unrelated projects while that’s away. 1.5 hours’ work per day, or 1000 new words.
- Outline book 3 of this trilogy
- Read ARC I received recently and review for February 10
- Read over another friend’s book for him
- read one novel and one non-fiction book per month (more if possible, this is the minimum goal)
- Put phone away when kids are around (no Twitter, Facebook, etc. when I should be spending in-person time with family), block Twitter and Facebook during writing time.
- Once my back can handle it, exercise four times per week (walk dog when it’s nice out, Pilates when it’s not.)
- Make short, prioritized to do list every evening before bed
- Make weekly meal plan and shop accordingly to try to eat better (and save money by not eating out/wasting food)
- Prepare everything we need for taxes so I can get that in as soon as AJ gets his forms from work.
- Talk to my dad (who’s a finances-and-tax type guy) about what I need to keep track of for business purposes
- Get out to visit my parents once they’re settled in Corner Brook
- Get a chiropractor
- Plan our garden (you really can’t plant here before June, but we can plan!)
I guess that’s enough for one round.
Who else is doing ROW80 this round? Either way, what are your plans for the near future? And what do you think I should stick googly eyes on next?